Cronitor is built with microservices and we understand the challenges of monitoring an SOA. Your stack
grows more complicated with every new service you deploy and Cronitor provides better visibility into your micro services
and instant alerts if services go down or your assertions fail.
- See the Big Picture - Cronitor integration is easy and versatile. When using Cronitor to monitor your microservices,
cron jobs, periodic tasks, queue workers and external SaaS tool you are building a powerful internal status page.
- Externally Hosted - System failures in an SOA are often isolated to a single host or service, but network and
connectivity failures can interrupt your self-hosted monitoring, leaving you unaware or unable to troubleshoot. Externally hosted,
Cronitor provides a second line of defense and an internal status page available outside of your VPN.
- Easy Integration - Cronitor integration is just an HTTP request. Cronitor can run healthchecks against your service, or your service can ping Cronitor to report health.
- Alerts Everywhere - Receive alerts & notifications in PagerDuty, Slack, HipChat, text message and email. Trigger
custom actions with webhook callbacks.
Create healthchecks with powerful assertions and great features like multi-region downtime verification.
Learn more about Service healthchecks
Microservice heartbeat monitoring with Cronitor will alert you if your service does not send a heartbeat ping
on schedule. Creating a heartbeat monitor is easy:
- Create a monitor with a heartbeat not received rule. You'll be given a unique ping URL.
- Integrate the ping URL into your service. Check out our integration guide for more details.
- Alternatively, Add a heartbeat ping received rule to trigger alerts and webhooks on each heartbeat.
Your monitors have a unique
/fail endpoint to trigger alerts on-demand in response to unexpected events
like exceptions and fatal errors. Failure alerts are batched and delivered each minute. With an optional message
parameter, failure alerts are the easiest way to trigger multi-channel alerts with a simple HTTP request.
Getting Started with Microservice Monitoring
- Create an account at https://cronitor.io to get started.
- Create a healthcheck that will ping your service, or create a heartbeat monitor and add the heartbeat ping to your code.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice, guidance or troubleshooting