Senior Software Engineer - Product
$100k - $150k / 0.1% - 2% equity
As automation has transformed industries, many developers' dirty secret is the lurking crontab file that powers it all. To manage the complexity, and ensure the reliability of these systems, they turn to Cronitor.
Our customers are in nearly every industry & team size -- from Fortune 500 (Cisco, Johnson & Johnson, AB-InBev) to rapidly growing startups (Chime, Carvana, Monday.com) to beloved brands and products (Babylist, Primary, Front) and many more.
Cronitor is a profitable, bootstrapped business, with a long roadmap built on constant conversations with our users. Our tools are critical to software developers responsible for billions of dollars of economic output.
About the role
We are looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer to expand our monitoring, metrics and alerting capabilities. As a founding member of our engineering team, you’ll meet with customers and collaborate with the founders to take initiatives from initial concept to delivery.
- Develop and maintain the Cronitor web application, used by hundreds of teams every day.
- Speak directly with customers to identify opportunities and refine ideas.
- Write clear product specs and collaborate with the founders on the product roadmap.
- Create beautiful user interfaces and extend our design system using React and Tailwind.
- Document the entire creative process through blog posts and product guides.
- Care passionately about customer success and collaborate with the team on incoming support requests.
You will thrive if
- You want to do more than write code.
- You believe monitoring is a critical component of a software system, and have experience (and opinions) about modern monitoring tools - Sentry, Datadog, New Relic, etc
- You like to write -- emails, documentation, blog posts, whatever. You find clarity and joy in putting words to
- You have an eye and a bias for automation. You also have an eye for the trade-offs and pitfalls of trying to over-automate too early.
- You thrive in a small team with a loose structure.
- You are a kind and thoughtful human who enjoys collaborating with other kind and thoughtful humans.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity. As an early employee you are taking a risk on us, and should be compensated appropriately.
- Full health-care premium reimbursement (or max allowed by law).
- $500 learning & development stipend.
- 8 week fully paid parental leave policy.
- Fully remote with flexible working schedule and vacation policy.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us who you are. This could come in the form of a resume, a letter, links to side-projects/blog/open-source contributions, or whatever other way you think will help us understand what makes you great.