PagerDuty is an Incident Managment System that makes sure the right people get notified at the right time when something goes wrong. To integrate with PagerDuty:
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
There are two ways to add an integration to a service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service: Click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then, select the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- If you are creating a new service for your integration: Please read the PagerDurty docs on Configuring Services and Integrations and follow the steps outlined in the Create a New Service section, selecting Cronitor as the Integration Type in step 4. Continue with the From Cronitor section (below) once you have finished these steps.
- Enter an Integration Name in the format
cronitor-integration and select Cronitor from the Integration Type menu.
- Click the Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations tab for your service.
- You're done in PagerDuty.
- From the Integrations section of your account settings, click the button for PagerDuty.
- You will be redirected to PagerDuty where you will be prompted to select or create a "service", which tells PagerDuty what to do with the alerts we send it.
- You will then be redirected back to Cronitor, and will see the integration listed on your account settings page.
You can select this integration from the PagerDuty dropdown box when creating a notification list
OR You can attach the PagerDuty integration to a monitor directly by selecting the monitor, clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner, and then adding
pagerduty:MyIntegration to the Alert Settings.
- You're done! You can repeat this process to connect Cronitor to different alert policies.
For those of you coming from pagerduty.com looking for assistance on this integration please reach out to us at email@example.com.